Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionising financial services through technology?
If you are passionate about fintech, thrive in a fast-paced international environment, and want to see your ideas turn into reality, come join us!
At Mintos, we are building a global online marketplace for loans. We provide retail investors with an easy and transparent way to invest in loans originated by a variety of alternative lending companies around the world. As a high-growth fintech startup, we have won the People’s Choice Award two years in a row in 2016 and 2017 and have been selected as a runner-up for the European Alternative Finance Platform of the Year 2016 and Aggregator of the Year 2016, all by the prestigious AltFi.
As the AML Analyst, you will monitor and investigate suspicious financial activity on the Mintos marketplace. You will suggest strategies for efficient monitoring and prioritising risks. You will be efficiently balancing your day-to-day workload, handle ad hoc projects and keep up-to-date on latest industry trends.
You are an ideal candidate if you are a self-starter and a quick learner. It’s important that you are an analytical thinker, with great attention to detail. Your conclusions will be evidence based and data driven. You have great communication skills and build relationships across the teams quickly. This is a perfect opportunity to accelerate your career in a compliance role in one of the region’s hottest fintech startups.
What you’ll do:
- Build a great understanding of the firm’s products and services and understand transaction types, including the typical customer level interactions;
- Have deep understanding of and work efficiently with new compliance requirements;
- Carry out varying levels of research, investigation, depending on the complexity of case and make decision taking into account all information;
- Perform investors’ transactions/activity monitoring for existing investor to identify suspicious activities;
- Conduct investors’ and Loan Originators’ database screening against sanctions and PEP watchlist and review full profile details of scan match results to determine if they are true or false matches;
- Escalate to Head of AML suspicious cases for further investigation;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with business lines to obtain needed customer due diligence or enhanced due diligence information;
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
What you need to know/have:
- At least 1 year of experience in AML field, preferably in investigating suspicious activities;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Good negotiation skills, evidence/data based;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Profound knowledge of AML regulations;
- Experience with investigative techniques and report writing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working level of reading and understanding Russian language;
- Another European language would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- Ground-floor opportunity to change the world;
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience;
- Employee stock options in the company;
- Health insurance and subsidised gym membership;
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a results-driven international environment;
- A recently refurbished, relaxed open-plan office with a fully stocked kitchen with healthy beverages and snacks.
Mintos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance due to a disability to help you get to our office for an interview, please e-mail to [email protected].
To apply, please send your CV in English or a link to your LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and include “AML Analyst” in the subject field. We look forward to hearing from you!