Do you want to be part of a team of one of the hottest fintech startups that’s revolutionising financial services through technology?
If you are passionate about fintech, thrive in a fast-paced international environment, and want to see your ideas turn into reality, come join us!
At Mintos, we are building a global online marketplace for loans. We provide retail investors with an easy and transparent way to invest in loans originated by a variety of alternative lending companies around the world. As a high-growth fintech startup, we have won the People’s Choice Award two years in a row in 2016 and 2017 and have been selected as a runner-up for the European Alternative Finance Platform of the Year 2016 and Aggregator of the Year 2016, all by the prestigious AltFi.
As a Growth Engineer, you will play a critical role in the engineering team and have a major influence on the future success of Mintos’ platform by supporting our next stage of growth. You will be a part of our 5-people cross-functional Growth team, architecting new features, ensuring accurate product planning and delivering effective execution. You will report to the Growth Lead Engineer, collaborate closely with the Head of Product, Growth Data Scientist, and UX Lead to provide the very best customer's experience to our clients, and serve as a senior member of the engineering team.
You are an ideal candidate if you have significant experience in building user-friendly and data-rich web applications, as well as tools for internal use. You are a person who loves to stay up to date with the latest trends in software development and keen to share knowledge and experience with the team. You are not afraid to propose some findings during testing of our own solutions. And you have solid experience with continuous delivery and automated testing.
Our stack includes PHP, Symfony, MariaDB, Vue.js, jQuery, Yarn and SASS. Our entire software stack runs on AWS.
If you think deeply about questions like these, this position is for you:
- What’s the best way to balance a focus on delivery with building long-lasting, scalable applications?
- How do we measure quality?
- What is our definition of “done?” What do our customers think “done” means?
- How can we balance innovation and experimentation with having core technical principles?
What you’ll do:
- Develop Single Page Applications and Static Websites using Vue.js, webpack, Typescript. And utilizes static analysis tools like tslint, stylelint to maintain Front-End code’s quality;
- Use reactive programming approach (Observables, Streams, Queues, RxJS) to build asynchronous Front-End code;
- Build supporting Back-End logic in C#, Node.js or PHP;
- Continuously develop and release products with the help of CI and CD tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline;
- Practice Cloud first development (AWS S3 and AWS Elastic Beanstalk).
What you need to know/have:
- 3-5 years of software development experience (ideally working with financial software and services). Experience working in a startup environment, especially one which scaled successfully, is a strong plus;
- To prefer automation of testing to test both single units of code as well as integrations between components, modules and systems;
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies, and how these can help Mintos execute its product vision;
- Passion for continuous experimentation and learning, coupled with a desire to make things run faster, better, and cheaper;
- Thorough understanding of the development process in an agile environment;
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery and build automation;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline (but there are lots of great engineering leaders with other degrees).
What we offer:
- Ground-floor opportunity to change the world;
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience;
- Employee stock options in the company;
- Health insurance and subsidised gym membership;
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a results-driven international environment;
- A recently refurbished, relaxed open-plan office with a fully stocked kitchen with healthy beverages and snacks.
Mintos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance due to a disability to help you get to our office for an interview, please e-mail to [email protected].
To apply, please send your CV in English or a link to your LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and include “Growth Engineer” in the subject field. We look forward to hearing from you!