German Speaking Copywriter
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Toll!
Schreiben Sie Excellentisch? Even Toller!*
*This copy is the reason why we need you to join us.
We are looking for an experienced and creative copywriter to create content in German to join our growing team of content makers at Mintos!
Got your interest? Now is the time for you to open a tab with the website of our company alongside this message. Here you go – www.mintos.com.
If you are passionate about words and finding the right one makes you feel oh, so good! – we would love to have you on our team!
If you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionising financial services through technology and contribute to our goals with your great abilities to write copy in German, read our official job ad below!
Do you want to be part of the team of one of the hottest fintech startups that’s revolutionising financial services through technology? If you are passionate about fintech and thrive in a fast-paced international environment, come join us!
At Mintos, we are building a global online marketplace for loans. We provide retail investors with an easy and transparent way to invest in loans originated by a variety of alternative lending companies around the world. As a high-growth fintech startup, we have won the People’s Choice Award two years in a row in 2016 and 2017 and have been selected as a runner-up for the European Alternative Finance Platform of the Year 2016 and Aggregator of the Year 2016, all by the prestigious AltFi.
As a German Speaking Copywriter, you will own the Mintos tone of voice in the German-speaking community and be responsible for conceptualising ideas for content and then turning those ideas into concise, compelling copy that will drive engagement with the target, German-speaking, audience. You’ll join our growing marketing team and help shape the brand as we move forward. This is a unique opportunity as your work will be highly visible all over the world and you’ll touch on every part of Mintos’ German-speaking business community across a variety of media.
You are an ideal candidate if you are a self-starter and are adept at collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to bring our brand and our message to life. It’s important that you are a natural creative thinker, with great attention to detail. That means coming up with brilliant ideas, but also understanding that what makes them truly brilliant is that they solve real business problems. Passion for writing, editing, and storytelling is a must.
What you’ll do:
- For the German speaking and Germany-based audience, take the lead in creating clear, concise, and high-impact copy across all channels including emails, blog posts, landing pages, social media, and the website in German;
- Work closely with the marketing, product, sales, investor service, and HR teams to develop communication and content strategies which are tailored for German-speaking markets but at the same time remain consistent in tone and style with Mintos storytelling overall;
- Besides crafting content for the German-speaking market, you will also help with the content in English for the global markets and business-oriented goals, with your word-craft getting international visibility and measurable results;
- Shape how we talk about complex financial concepts and experiment and iterate until you get to a place that works;
- Translate to German and also proofread, adapt and edit in German the content supplied by other team members in other languages (English) when needed;
- Help adapt the tone and voice of the Mintos brand and champion it in all materials and elements meant for German-speaking communities and markets;
- If needed, collaborate with German PR agencies to produce content and help craft written responses to media inquiries as needed;
- Stay on top of industry trends.
What you need to know/have:
- 3-5 years of writing experience as a copywriter, journalist, content marketing manager, or similar with German as a working language. Previous experience of writing copy for technology companies is a plus;
- General knowledge of financial terms and ability to translate complex financial issues into simple, understandable prose that is relevant to our customer base;
- Sharp, creative, conversion-focused mindset that exhibits curiosity to understand how your words can make a difference through conversion-rate-optimised (CRO) copy and A/B tests;
- Proven track record of delivering clear, straightforward, and SEO/SEM friendly copy with a portfolio showing how the words you’ve written have made a positive impact;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with everyone in the company in a fast-changing environment;
- Strong organisational and time management skills as there will be a lot going on at one time;
- Excellent writing skills in German and proficiency level in English is a must.
What we offer:
- Ground-floor opportunity to change the world;
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience;
- Employee stock options in the company;
- Health insurance and subsidised gym membership;
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a results-driven international environment.
Mintos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Where possible, the interviews for non-Riga based roles are held remotely. For a face-to-face interview, if you need assistance due to a disability to help you get to the office, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
To apply, please send your CV in English or a link to your LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and include “German Speaking Copywriter” in the subject field. We look forward to hearing from you!