Head of Communications
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing financial services through technology?
If you are passionate about fintech, thrive in a fast-paced international environment, and want to see your ideas turning to reality, come join us!
At Mintos we are building a global online marketplace for loans providing retail investors with an easy and transparent way to invest in loans originated by a variety of alternative lending companies around the world. As a high-growth startup, we have won the People’s Choice Award 2016 and have been selected as a runner up for European Alternative Finance Platform of the Year 2016 and Aggregator of the Year 2016, all by prestigious AltFi.
You are an ideal candidate if you are a master storyteller, entrepreneurial and a resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-changing environment. You know that big stories and top-tier publications are important, but also understand that effective communications go beyond that. It’s about cultivating the Mintos narrative and identifying strategies, both traditional and novel, for sharing our story to engage target audiences and build loyal communities. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and you recognise that, at a fast-growing early-stage startup, everyone needs to "helicopter" up and down between the strategic and the tactical - and that excites you.
What you’ll do:
- Drive and execute Mintos’ communications strategy with clear direct links to business objectives on a global scale;
- Identify key moments within our business or the industry (e.g. product launches, partnerships, key growth periods, fundraising, etc.) and find opportunities to elevate them with our customers and media;
- Establish a roadmap that defines the goals and corresponding metrics of our communications strategy;
- Help our PR agencies succeed by effectively managing the relationship, serving as the day-to-day contact, driving consistent storytelling across the globe, and ensuring there are project plans and efficient workflows in place for all initiatives;
- Drive social media strategies that align with our business objectives across all supported platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter;
- Bolster the Mintos thought leadership by working closely with the management team so that they reliably deliver key messages and build effective relationships with target audiences;
- Manage and mentor a copywriter and help with content creation and content strategy with an eye towards supporting our overall brand footprint.
What you need to know/have:
- 5+ years of communications or public relations experience ideally with financial services, fintech, or technology in general. A combination of agency and in-house experience is preferred, though not required;
- A willingness to push the company to take calculated risks and try new things towards the goal of building a truly best-in-class communications platform;
- Understanding of both traditional and emerging editorial and media landscapes and platforms;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills combined with an outgoing personality that is comfortable interacting with a wide variety of internal and external people, partners and teams;
- Ability to see the big picture, think strategically, synthesise data and information, and draw conclusions consistent with the communications strategy;
- Self-starter mindset with an ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects on different timelines;
- Bachelor’s degree.
What we offer:
- Ground-floor opportunity to change the world;
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience;
- Employee stock options in the company;
- Health insurance and subsidised gym membership;
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a results-driven international environment;
- A recently refurbished, relaxed open-plan office with a fully stocked kitchen with healthy beverages and snacks.
Mintos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance due to a disability to help you get to our office for an interview, please e-mail to [email protected].
To apply, please send your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and include “Head of Communications” in the subject field. We look forward to hearing from you!