Do you want to be part of a team of one of the hottest fintech startups that’s revolutionising financial services through technology?
If you are passionate about fintech and thrive in a fast-paced international environment, come join us!
At Mintos, we are building a global online marketplace for loans. We provide retail investors with an easy and transparent way to invest in loans originated by a variety of alternative lending companies around the world. As a high-growth fintech startup, we have won the People’s Choice Award two years in a row in 2016 and 2017 and have been selected as a runner-up for the European Alternative Finance Platform of the Year 2016 and Aggregator of the Year 2016, all by the prestigious AltFi.
We are looking for a driven Risk Management Intern with a basic understanding financial and accounting principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. You will have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in ever changing finance field. Under the supervision of our finance team members, you will help perform research, prepare financial reports and assist with reconciling accounts, also perform other ad hoc tasks, as needed.
This internship will help you acquire finance and accounting skills and provide you with knowledge of various practical tools. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in finance and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
What you’ll do:
- Documents risk analysis and controls and evaluates control design and continuous control improvement;
- Assist with regulatory and other assessments for the Corporation;
- Participates in projects designed to mitigate risks including generating action plans for issues/gaps;
- Tracks, coordinates, and resolves issues identified in any & all related control, compliance, or risk work;
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
What you need to know/have:
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive;
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Finance/Accounting;
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles;
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility;
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
What we offer:
- Ground-floor opportunity to change the world;
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience;
- Employee stock options in the company;
- Health insurance and subsidised gym membership;
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a results-driven international environment;
- A recently refurbished, relaxed open-plan office with a fully stocked kitchen with healthy beverages and snacks.
Mintos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance due to a disability to help you get to the office, please e-mail to [email protected].
To apply, please send your CV in English or a link to your LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and include “Risk Intern” in the subject field. We look forward to hearing from you!