At Mintos, we believe in providing the best possible service and user experience to our customers. However, if you’re not satisfied with the quality of the service we offer, you have the option to submit a written complaint to Mintos.
About making a complaint
Filing a complaint shall not be taken lightly, as it involves a serious process of investigation and reporting to our regulator. This specifically means submitting a document, according to all requirements stated on this page, in case you are not satisfied with our provided services. If your complaint is related to the following topics, please contact our support team who will gladly provide further details and try to resolve your query.
General questions about our services
- Funds in recovery
- Pending Payments
- Lost deposits or withdrawals
- Identity and account verifications
- Questions about your personal data, making profile changes, verification or account status and its deletion
If the outcome is not satisfactory, you can submit a complaint by sending an e-mail to [email protected], or by sending a letter to the Mintos office at Skanstes street 50, Riga, LV-1013, Latvia.
The complaint will be deemed as received if it arrives on the same business day, or the next business day, if received outside of working hours (08:00-16:00 CET) or on a non-business day in Latvia.
We do not charge any fees or costs for handling your complaint. If you send your complaint via post or courier, you will have to cover the resulting expenses.
How to file a complaint
In case of a different query not mentioned above but relating to the following topics:
- GDPR infringements
- IT functionality problems with Mintos investment services
- Unprofessional behaviour from Mintos (e.g. unprofessional or rude behaviour, incompetence, etc)
- Lack of care or gross mistakes made by Mintos (for minor communication or marketing errors, IT functionality problems please contact our support team)
- Unreasonable delay in response to investors requests (Where reply has not been received for more than 5 business days from the date of the request)
Please submit your complaint to [email protected] including ALL of the information as stated below:
What to include in a complaint
Please submit your complaint in English, Latvian or French. Please clearly state in your email or letter that it is a complaint, and include the following information:
- Your first and last name if you’re a natural person, or company name and full name of the company’s authorized person if you’re a legal entity
- Your Mintos account ID, which you can find in your account Profile
- A detailed explanation of your complaint
- Supporting documents, pictures or screenshots (if applicable)
- Your preferred solution to the situation
- Your preferred channel of communication for our reply (e-mail or postal address).
Please provide sufficient information for us to investigate the issue. If the information provided in the complaint is incomplete, we have the right to postpone examination until all requested information has been submitted, or to not examine the complaint at all. We will let you know if the complaint is incomplete and what we need from you to proceed.
What happens next?
We will confirm receipt of the complaint and provide an estimate for a response.
Complaints related to investment services
We will investigate your complaint and provide an answer as soon as possible, but not later than:
- 15 business days after receiving the complaint if the complaint is submitted by a consumer according to the Latvian Consumer Rights Protection Law
- 30 business days after receiving the complaint if the complaint is submitted by a legal entity.
- If it is not possible to handle the complaint within the stated time period, we’ll notify you of the reasons and provide an updated estimate for the reply which may not exceed 30 business days from the receipt of the complaint.
What if you’re not satisfied with our response?
Any dispute arising between Mintos and you shall be settled by negotiation between the parties. If this is not possible and you are still not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to take your complaint to the following out-of-court dispute resolution offices:
- If you’re a consumer, you can submit a complaint in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Rights Protection Law of the Republic of Latvia to the Consumer Rights Protection Centre, located in Brivibas street 55, Riga, Latvia.
- If you believe Mintos violates applicable laws and regulations, you can refer your complaint to Latvijas Banka, the central bank of Latvia, by emailing [email protected] or by submitting a complaint using the online forms available on the government service portal http://www.latvija.lv.
- If your complaint is in line with the rules of the Ombudsman of the Finance Association of Latvia, you may submit a complaint by sending it to their office at Doma laukums 8A, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia.